You are what you think … right?
“If you think that you can or you think that you can’t, you’re right.” - Henry Ford
What do you think?
Can you do it?
Are you a go getter that gives everything 100%?
Would you rather fail trying than not try at all?
Do you love to learn as you go, constantly push, develop and grow as a person/business?
Or do you like to be comfortable?
Know your surroundings, know what’s going on and know what you are in control of?
Do you thrive off boundaries?
Either way I don’t think there is a right or wrong answer, it’s a personal choice, but that’s just it, it’s a personal choice. Have you sat down and thought about it or have you just accepted it?
Could you be pushing, growing and developing more as a person, as a business?
I love this quote from Henry Ford, I think it is harsh and blunt, but so true. I first read it in the amazing business book ‘The 12 Week Year’ by Brian P. Moran and Michael Lennington (if you haven’t read this book definitely go check it out, it will confuse you, blow your mind, but also be one of the best things you read for you and your business). I believe it is the wake up call we all need. This one sentence reminds us that our mind is so powerful, capable of anything and that it’s up to you, your determination, your ambition and drive as to where you end up.
As a hard working, ambitious and determined person I love this. It gives me confidence and hope that there is always more I can do, there is always more to learn, more ways I can develop and grow and for me (I understand not everyone is like this) I love that. It gives me a real buzz as I have always loved learning more about all aspects of the creative industry, learning more ways to develop my business so that I can help you, my client. Ultimately I believe, if I can make my clients life easier, the project fun and stress free, leaving my client thrilled, then I have done my job.
How do you do constantly push your boundaries?
Well, my suggestion is dream big enough right now that you feel uncomfortable staying where you are. Why is that? I hear you ask. Surely I want to be really good, if not the best at my current level?
Well, yes it gives you a sense of satisfaction, but it also stops you from achieving your true potential, you get comfortable in your surroundings and so that’s where you stay. You may be satisfied or unsatisfied with the way things are going, but either way you don’t do anything to change it.
What if you could change it though?
It might not always be possible, but surely it is better to give it a go and then know for sure than not try at all?
I mean really what is the worst that could happen?
You give it a go and it doesn’t work out you either learn from that and grow anyway, but end up back where you are now or you learn from your mistakes and try again. Whichever option you end up taking it doesn’t seem like you can lose to me.
Here are some tips on how to get a positive ‘feel the fear and do it anyway’ attitude:
1. Write post it notes around your laptop/desk area of things you really value most in life and business e.g.
- Having thrilled clients, who love working with me.
- Providing value, support and knowledge to my clients and the industry.
- Have a healthy work life balance.
- Laugh every day etc.
2. Train no matter what industry you are in. Never stop learning, never stop training and never stop growing. Whether that is a business book, grabbing yourself a business/life coach or even just getting into an accountability group, put time aside every day for personal growth, it’s the best thing you can do for your mindset and attitude.
3. Take a moment throughout the day to write down 3 things you achieved that day, even if it is ‘emailed Joe Bloggs about that big potential contract’. Then spend 5 mins every day looking back at the previous week/month, to remind yourself how far you have come and how much you have improved. Congratulate yourself and celebrate, it’s so good for the soul and mindset. This happiness and confidence will show in not only your business, but your life.
So how could you apply this new positive attitude to help you grow in your life/business?
- Reach out to people for help. There are people out there who want to help, who are happy to advise, mentor and support you, like I always say, “If you don’t ask you don’t get” . Go on, give it a go, you may be surprised by the outcome.
- Dedicate time every day or at least every week to yourself and your business’s personal growth. Things don’t happen over night, the best thing you can do is be consistent!
- Don’t give up.You are incredible. You are worthy. You can do this, it may not be at the pace or path you intended, but it will happen, just keep going.
- Delegate, teamwork is everything.
Don’t be ashamed to ask others for help, reach out to people like myself who can provide you with the VoiceOver, script and visuals for your social media content, business and/or advertising.
I am here to take the stress away from you, so you can focus on keeping your ship afloat. You are the captain and I am here to help you. Why not reach out to me now?
Drop a message via social media or email, let’s have a chat and see what I can do for you.